03 November 2010

SwagShopping Bug Bites, part 1

Good Afternoon, Swaggernauts!

I'm sorry the post is so late today. I had planned on going one direction with it, but changed midstream. Then my family needed some extra love and attention. :)  Family First, "better late than never", etc :)

Last night I was shopping around the SwagStore, hunting for things that might be good to snag for Swaggernaut Linda's Care Package. We are collecting Amazon cards and Marcella Cook is selling hand crafted earrings (the Tweeps model) & donating part of the sales to the care package. We are trying to raise cash with the earring sales to buy Rite Aid gift cards, hopefully we can help ease the burden of her prescription costs.

I thought, since my budget is so strapped and I can only send one Amazon code right now, maybe I could find a SwagStakes to enter. Something cheap that maybe we could all enter, with a prize Linda was sure to love. I found the Tea for Two Swagstakes. It's 2 sb for a single entry, 5 for 3, and so on.


The prize is from Amazon Herb Company, samples of their Rainforest Matte and Rainforest Treasure teas. I heard it from the grapevine that Linda loves tea! With such low entry costs, I thought it would be a nice gesture, and who knows, maybe if one of us wins it can be a nice surprise!

Of course once I got started browsing the SwagStore, I couldn't help have other things catch my eye. I looked on the left sidebar and clicked the On Sale link.


There are 211 items on sale as of last night. Wherever you are in the SwagStore, you have filter options on the left. I highlighted the Country options.  I only see United States, Canada, and United Kingdom and yet I have had blog readers from Switzerland and the Netherlands too! I wonder how many countries have Swaggernauts! Ah but that's off topic :P

I like to set my items per page to 96, and sort lowest to highest. In the case of On Sale items that means a page or two of digital wallpapers, mp3 downloads. But just as I was hitting the 30sb items & my eyes were glazing over, something Awesome snagged my attention.


(For some reason there's a graphics error when I set that at Large, sorry its so teensy.)

Normally I wouldn't buy digital wallpaper. For one thing, I hardly see my desktop except at start up *laugh*. For another, I make my own. It's amateur and obviously home made but it's fun. However, This I could NOT resist.


These normally sell for 15 sb each, making a set of four 60 swagbucks. But this 4pack is on sale for only 39 swagbucks! 21 swagbucks off the normal cost. 9.75 cents each. I like it!! Liked it so much, I had to snag it!

When you snag a digital wallpaper, the order works just like ordering Amazon gift cards.You submit the order, verify it in email, and wait for notification that it shipped. The instructions for downloading will show up under My Gift Cards (swagtotal drop down menu) of your account information.

I can't wait for them to show up! It says it takes 3-5 days to ship, can't imagine why but I'm sure there's a good reason :P

After I snagged that, I felt a sort of..  compulsive shopping guilt. I mean, I'm trying to save for all the Amazon cards and PayPal depostis I can, right? 39 swagbucks is small but on a Really off day, that might be all I make. The dissolution of guilt lay in earning back what I had just spent. I went to the special offers wall and did a couple of easy offers on TapJoy. The last one didn't credit, but I am not surprised. I had a sense it wouldn't, and my senses about these things are getting pretty good ! I signed up for Remedy Life for an instant 42, downloaded the Yahoo toolbar (rejecting all of the extra stuff it wants to give you at the same time!) for 34 (I think), and oh heck.. I can't remember what the last offer I did that credited was. I don't normally recommend downloading ANYTHING, but a wild hair bit me last night. Fortunately, there were no bad side effects hehe.

Anyway, 100 sbs up later I felt much, much better about my digital wallpaper order. It got me to thinking about what I want to get, and what I need, to get from Amazon. I haven't ordered any more Amazon gift cards because I keep hearing whispers of rumors of hopes for a black friday sale on Amazon cards. I wanted to save up my Amazon balance for black friday sales there also. Then I remembered- I've been meaning to order Jumbo crayons for Isaac for some time now! There isn't cash in the budget for such things, and though we have hundreds of regular crayons around the house, they break very easily in his supertoddler grip.

However by this time it was late, I was tired and wanted nothing more than to watch Heroes on Netflix and pass out. Saved by the bell??

Check out Part 2 tomorrow to see what that SwagShopping Bug made me do next!

Remember to swing by the SwagBooth to place votes for your fellow swaggernauts contests! Post a comment if you voted, so you can be counted for the contests with Amazon Gift Cards giveaways!!

HAPPY SWAGSURFING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!