01 November 2010

Time to Snag the Swagloot!

Good Morning Swaggernauts! Welcome to November!

Does anyone else smell pumpkin, ginger, and chocolate in the air? Bunkers full of frozen turkeys are being piled high at your local grocery stores as we speak. Entire sections are being rearranged to display all of your holiday baking needs in one handy location, and frozen cool whip is flying onto the shelves.

Retailers everywhere are beefing up their temporary staff, filling their stock rooms with pallets of black friday delights. Behind the scenes online, servers are being tested and fortified, capacity (hopefully) increased, backups and failsafes put in place.

Here in the Swagbucks community, fingers are clicking happily away at mouse buttons, ordering gift cards and PayPal deposits. Swaggernauts across the globe are spending their hard won swag bucks on funds for their Christmas shopping. Dreaming of the ways they can work the sale systems to get the most Swag for their Buck!

It sure does bring a double dose of festive spirit into the air, doesn't it? We Love Swagbucks, and We Love the Holidays! I'm feeling some serious potential holiday Swag Spirit in the coming weeks!

Todays blog is late due to *makes an awful face!* technical diaper difficulties this morning. Not once, but twice. I will spare you the details, because I care :P So today's blog post is going to be focused on one thing. Gonna take you through the joy of the gift card ordering process. Those of you who are new swaggernauts might best benefit from this.

For the more experienced SwagSnagger, maybe you'll want to answer the  

Question of the Day!

What did you snag today? What are you going to snag over the next few days? Is it the same thing you get every month?      Share Your Swag Joy!  Post in the comments section below!

I ordered two $5 Amazon gift cards today. I'm going to snag 2 more tomorrow, 1 more wednesday. I haven't decided if I am going to get more PayPal deposits then. I have enough to cover 3 months of Netflix so I'm good through the holidays, but I need to fund some web space as soon as possible too.. decisions, decisions! If I don't put any in PayPal I will already have enough left over for five more $5 cards at the beginning of December, and anything I earn between now and then can buy a larger card.

These are the kinds of tough decisions I *Love* having to make. "How will I distribute my free money this month? Hmm.."

 Now, for the new swaggernaut who wants to know more about the ordering process, let me show you how easy it is to snag your swag!

"Hey Look! I'm on TV!"
I was on the Swagbucks Facebook page when I decided I'd had enough of stinky diapers and dishes, I was going to SNAG MY SWAGLOOT!  Instant show of joy, Instant mood lifter! LOL! So I go up to my Handy Dandy Swagbar Deluxe (The toolbar, silly) and press the Rewards tab. The gift cards and PayPal deposits are both on the Gift & Reward Cards page.


The $5 Amazon e-Gift card and the Canadian e-Gift certificate are side by side, so make sure you pick the right one! They are the same price. Make up some kind of coral snake rhyme like, black on white, it's USA alright. White on yellow, for the Canadian fellow. (Look, it wouldn't be SwagMELT without a fair amount of Cheese ok? *wink* )

I highlighted the game card too because it's another popular item, just not talked about as much. For 550 swagbucks you can get a $5 Ultimate Game card. These are cool because they cover hundreds of online game currencies. If I had the time to play (MAJOR EX GAME ADDICT HERE) I would get a couple of these a month to fund a game I found via a gwallet special offer a couple of months ago. However, if I had no time to play games Before starting SwagMelt, I really don't now!


This is where the real fun begins! Notice my swagtotal is at 4,622. That won't change as soon as I press "Snag This".


Still at 4,622. The charge doesn't go through until you press "Sumbit Order". At that point the swagbucks are deducted from your total, but you aren't done yet!


Your swagbucks are deducted, (I'm at 4,172 there now,) but you still have to Verify the order before it's official. Check your email for this :






If you use something like Gmail, and you order 2 cards before you verify, the emails will both be there, but "Stacked" on top of each other. Make sure you click the Verify This Order button in BOTH emails, or one won't be "verified". If you do not do this step, or never get this email, your swagbucks will be refunded after 48 hours. Maybe not at exactly 48 hours, but not before. If you haven't gotten your swagbucks back after 60 hours or so, write to them at the Contact Us link from the homepage using the Prize Information dropdown choice.


When you click the Verify Your Order button, you are taken to this screen saying your order has been verified. Remember, you have to do this with Every order or you will lose out and have to re-order it.

After taking these screenies I went ahead and ordered my second one. When I was done ordering I went to see my lovely swag in the Order Status screen.


Down to 3,722 Swagbucks, but on my way to being up $10 of Christmas money! This is where the joy settles in to a warm glow. When you've swagged your snag, but still have time to wait for it to come in.

On that note, sounds like Naptime is OVER! Perfect timing.

If anyone reading this is not yet a member of Swagbucks, but want to get on the swagtrain and start earning the free loot, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and start with my second blog post, "Beginner Tips for Swagsurfing!", for tips on how to get started!

On that note,  HAPPY SWAG SNAGGING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!