22 November 2010

Bad Juju Offers & Quick Questions

Good Monday Afternoon To Ya, Swaggernauts!

I don't have too much on the agenda for today's post. A couple of questions, and some warnings, but no screenshots. *chuckle*

First the warnings. There are a couple of tempting offers on the special offer walls right now, for PageRage and Facemoods. One promises to spice up your profile (and has recently been approved and promoted by Facebook which would seem to lend it legitimacy), and the other promises to spice up your chat and messages with awesome emoticons.

They are tempting but- DON'T DO THEM!

PageRage will JACK UP your Facebook. You get large ads placed on your sidebars and in the middle of your walls. Some of these ads have sounds which you can not turn off. They constantly reload your page whether you are on that tab or not, they make your mouse flickery and unstable, and cause all sorts of other annoying, interfering havoc. The instability issues eventually creep into your browser (and I feel Very sorry for Internet Explorer users with this one) and cause errors and disruptions when using other sites. (I can NOT blog and have Facebook open right now.) The profiles look nice but it is NOT worth it.

Uninstalling this one can be tricky. Some people have no problem, but I have several layers of issues. First of all, the Yontoo Layers client didn't show up in my programs list. Had to track it down via Windows Explorer. Secondly, I can not uninstall it from the Control Panel or from Piriform's CCleaner because, get this, the INSTALL.LOG file is corrupted. I wrote to technical support and they gave me this long, convoluted list of procedures that had a 50/50 chance of working. I've decided on a system restore, but I can't do that until I have resolved an open inquiry with TapJoy. (Which may never be resolved as they STILL haven't responded to me.)

Just stay away from it, it is NOT worth the risk. I knew the risks heading in, I was only half motivated by the swagbucks. I also wanted to see how it worked and let you guys know. Well, I'm letting you know- STAY AWAY!  BAD JUJU!

As for Facemoods, I basically had the same motivations with the added twist of Wild Hair. I wanted to see these emoticons in action and decided to take the risk lol. It's not nearly as bad as PageRage, but it CAN post spam if you don't watch it carefully. It DOES wig out your Facebook posts: It can get "hung" loading the facemoods stuff so when you go to press Share or Comment, nothing happens. It causes Facebook to freeze up. So, More Bad Juju.

Now on to the questions.

A lot of people have suddenly noticed "partner bucks" in their account that they did not earn themselves. Often for partners they have no interest in. Apparently, you can now earn partner bucks from your referrals as well. I don't know if this was always the case. I have never gotten partner bucks from one of my referrals. I do know I've never seen this question until yesterday, and I saw it Several times.

If any of you have the answer to this, please let me know so I can repost it. Do those partner bucks count towards your overall 1000? That would be a Bummer, especially if they are from sites that do not interest you.

There are a lot of new swaggernauts every day that need to know how to take a screenshot. One of these days soon I will do a detailed, screenshot filled blog about it, but for today, I just want to share a few links. There's so many operating systems, so many levels of experience, I want to do a detailed report if I'm going to say anything at all :P

How To Take A Screenshot In Microsoft Windows

How To Use Windows 7 Snipping Tools

eHow - How To Take A Screenshot

Another swaggernaut asked me to do a post on how to successfully complete a special offer so it credits. The problem is there are too many offer walls, with too many types of offers, to be able to do such a post and be able to promise it will work. I did a whole series of special offer wall posts, and I still wasn't able to answer that question. I'm sorry, I have failed you :(  But not for lack of trying! LOL

That's it for today. I didn't get to prep anything last night, had family time with my husband this morning, and now the boy is about to wake, ready for lunch and outside time! Besides, after two days in a row of such good news posts, I thought I would bask in the glow for a day. :D


If anyone reading this is not yet a member of Swagbucks, but wants to get on the swagtrain and start earning the free loot, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget , up top on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and start with October's second blog post, "Beginner Tips for Swagsurfing!", for tips on how to get started!

Until tomorrow Swag Friends,


HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!!

2 comments:

  1. You can use partner bucks for swagstakes, provided you spend all (or almost all - I'd gamble with, say, 5 SB) of your regular Swagbucks first. And though they do inflate your total, which can be confusing, that can be figured out by looking at your Swagbucks summary. Partner bucks are clearly listed there alongside your regular ones.
    And though so far I haven't seen any sign of it this year, I did hear rumors that last year TSG allowed us to dedicate partner bucks to holiday charity drives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like PageRage and I haven't run into any of the issues you have besides the ads. Before signing up, I figured the product was ad-supported seeing that the service is free. I also tried uninstalling to see if I would have any issues and I didn't at all. I actually missed being able to personalize my profile so I decided to reinstall and it works great. Guess its not for everybody?

    ReplyDelete

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!