23 November 2010

Holiday Bonus Bucks & CheckPoint!

Good Afternoon, Swag Friends!

Check out the redesign. What do you think? I put a couple of tabs up top, have a few more in the works to help new swaggernauts navigate to what they need most to get started raking in the swag!  Let me know in comments if you don't like it, and why - bad color scheme? background is distracting? Let me know what you think.

Yesterday was a fairly good Swag Day! It definitely had a festive feel to it. I got 4 search wins, and around 11:00 -12 EST a lot of people were hitting a 4th win. I got 3 SBTV wins, usually only get 2 but I don't try as many times as I used to. The Swag Guy gave us two codes, a nice Monday treat. Payment Wall credited the second of 2 offers I had in inquiry. Still waiting on the first, but I'm glad the one for 576 credited!

I decided to surf over to the special offers page to find some videos or try a survey, when I saw this : Happy Holiday News!


Oh, SWEET! Well, Sweet if the offers credit, of course *cough mumble cough*. Dangit, they roped me back into doing special offers!

I noticed something else that's changed, and I quite like it!


Payment Wall has Moved! It's not down on the tabs with the rest of the offers. The layout is neater, in my opinion. The only feature I see missing is the Search box, but that never worked right anyway. I like it, it's cleaner and once that Thanksgiving bonus banner goes away, will eliminate the need to scroll down to get to the other offer walls.

I didn't see anything on Payment Wall that I hadn't already tried or wanted to do though, so I did a couple on SuperRewards. I meant to screenshot these but after taking a pic of the offer requirements, I forgot to take more. *shrug* My Bad :-p



One was for 14, sign up with HauteLook, it credited in about 20 minutes. the other, for 35, "What If You Could Win A Trip To New York City?" did not credit, still has not. I've read others on the Swagbucks Facebook page complaining of the same, though one person last night managed to get credited. We'll see. I'm still happy I entered the contest. I'd love to take my husband to New York City, it's the one place he'd choose to go. Plus I'd like to visit Times Square Church :)

I hadn't really done anything on Gambit since the Special Offers Breakdown, was too annoyed with them to try. I decided to give it a look see. I noticed the offer I fought them over was removed from the Free wall. I guess the advertiser decided it really wasn't free after all, submitting your email was Not the only requirement to get swagbucks. After all, Gambit said in the end, it was up to the advertiser if the offer got moved! Lovely.

Oh, you know what? More likely it's just gone because they credited me. Some walls the offer stays on your list when they customer service credit, some it gets removed. That's probably more likely. I bet it has nothing to do with anyone wanting to do the right thing :-p

Right away I also noticed the other offer I mentioned in that same post was still there, for 41 sb. Further down the list was yet another of the same type of offer, for 20. Both requiring you simply to submit your email for payout, or so say the requirements.

I decided, "What the Heck? I've got nothing to lose." I'd do the two offers but ONLY up to the stated requirements- why go further? I'd already proven there was No way to complete the offers for free.


In this offer you are supposed to pick Yes or No from a short survey of questions about Facebook features, then submit your email. You never receive a confirmation but the requirements do not say one is needed.


The nail in the coffin for me is the next screen. If it looks like what I think it will look like, I know I won't get credit and will have to go to inquiry battle.


Doh! Dang! Darnit. Does this look familiar?  It's the same screen you get from doing the MacBook offer. Right then I knew I wouldn't get credit. I didn't go any further, I already have enough screenshots of failure :-p

On to the next offer, because I knew it would be a short and sweet fail.




Pick : Pepsi or Coke? iPad or other fictional prizes? What's my email? Swing and a Miss! Same screen after submitting email. Oh well, now I have two more offers to inquiry YAY! I could just let it go, but it's the point of the thing here. This wall has several versions of the same offer that Never Pay and are Not Free. I'm wondering how many of these I will submit before they ban me. I'm not trying to get banned, I'm trying to get them to do the right thing, but there's a Good Chance that will be the result, in the end.

So, from Positive to Negative back to Positive, so we can end on an upbeat tempo!

SwagBucks has partnered up with CheckPoints, the nations #1 Lifestyle App for iPhone (and soon Android) phone users.



With this app you "check in" by scanning products with your phone. You earn CheckPoints that you can trade in for things like gift cards.

You receive 20 swagbucks for downloading the app, which credits in two weeks. Each month that you scan at least one product, you get 6 swagbucks. Use your swagbucks referral code and get 2 free pulls on their slot machine, and a bonus 300 CheckPoints to get you started. Apparently, that's enough to get your first free gift card through CheckPoint! Nifty! Makes me jealous, I want an Android! (Since, you know, it's coming "soon" lol)


Head to the Swagbucks Blog to read the entire post, and to click that link to Apple! Let me know how it works out for you!

That's it for today's SwagMelt. Keep an eye on the tab bar at the top. There will be FAQ's coming, and the temp drafts will be fleshed out with screenshots and clearer instructions. Homework, every night!

If anyone reading this is not yet a member of Swagbucks, but wants to get on the swagtrain and start earning the free loot, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget , up top on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and click the Beginner Tips tab at the top of SwagMelt. Skim through it and get to searching! I promise, once your first prize or gift card comes in, you will be hooked! 


Until Tomorrow...

HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!