24 November 2010

Games Beta Live, 2 for 1 Holiday Swagstakes!

Good Morning Swag Friends!

It's a gorgeous day before Thanksgiving here in Florida. Not a cloud in the sky, t-shirt temperatures, and our neighbors are gathering for their annual 2 day Thanksgiving and Christmas Display Building Fiesta! This isn't the best neighborhood, *cough* (understatement) *cough* not many people go all out decorating for the holidays for fear of vandalism, but our neighbors to the right say "NO FEAR!" every holiday, and their display grows bigger, brighter, and more festive every year. Being a 20+ year resident of this hood gives them a small bubble of respect- no one messes with their display for the most part. I love it! It's a little sparkle of normalcy in a spot where we bus the kids OUT for trick or treating :P

Today's post is short & sweet. Just a couple of things from the Swagbucks Blog I wanna share with you. Tomorrow there probably will not be a post.  We have the kids and a dinner to cook, and in the evening another dinner to attend, so I will take a Holiday :)

Oh but first, small brag time. Did you see my swagtotal over there on the swidget? I had a 1200 swagbucks day yesterday! 10 special offers (three were old TapJoy inquiries, Swagbucks made them pay! THANKS SWAGBUCKS!), 9 video special offers, 4 search wins, 2 sbtv wins, and the daily four. No referral points yesterday. (maybe they will show up today!) Tack that onto the offers that finally credited the day before and I went well over my goal! I wanted to have the swagbucks for my five $5s on December 1st, one $25 this month (still hoping for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale, you see), and have enough left over for 2 more PayPal deposits. That would be a total of 6800 swagbucks (unless there is a sale). I'm Golden! Now I can start saving for January's $5 Amazon purchases!

However I Must point out- I've pretty much tapped the well on large, free special offers. You can only do most free trials once *laugh* You can't have 1200 swagbucks days every day. I will have to work extra hard in December to meet my goal for January, but I have no fear! I can do it!

Ok! On to the Swagbucks Blog. I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm going to talk about first.


You guessed it! The GAMES BETA is Live! And you know what?


I WASN'T INVITED!!!!! :( :( :( :(   *laugh!*

That's ok. I had a rough patch last night with all the braggers and screenshots on the Swagbucks Facebook page, but I'm better now. It's not about losing out on extra swagbucks, it's not about wanting to be first.. it's about my Beta Tester mentality. I love to try things out, find out what works and what doesn't, and give feedback to help improve it. I wanted a chance to be able to be Really useful to Swag Bucks. This site has given me So Much and I wanted to give back! I realize now that I do give back, every day, with this blog and with the help I give on the Facebook wall. It's not helping Swag Bucks directly, but it's helping newer swaggernauts get rolling, which benefits us all! We get more swag, They get more money and add more ways to get swag, we figure out the new ways and help others earn more swag, it's a lovely snowball effect!

Not being in the beta hasn't stopped me from paying attention to what the testers are saying, though! Last night there was a small flurry of screenshots.. let me go dig some up for you right quick since the cat is already out of the bag....


Only beta testers are supposed to have the link but if you somehow did run across it, this is what you would see if you weren't invited to the beta.


This is the games screen. Starfish, Crazy Taxi, worDrop, Capital Tower Defense.. sounds Interesting!

Apparently you get swagbucks randomly for playing, like SBTV wins.


There are also two tournament modes: Limited Players and Limited Time. These tournaments cost some (unknown) amount of swagbucks to enter, but could pay off with some greater (unknown) swagbucks win if you are the tourney leader.

I have no more information for you than that UGH I wish I was in the beta :P I wonder if there's supposed to be a confidentiality clause? All those photos above were taken off Facebook, if there's a clause, it's done been broken!

I'm really curious how the tournaments work though...   

The second item of interest from yesterdays blog is a great holiday swagstakes bonus!


As a special treat for the holidays, Swag Bucks has several items listed as Two for One Bonus Swagstakes.


5 DVD bundles, One "EZ Grill" Portable Charcoal Grill, and a double set of WOWee One Power Portable Bass Speakers. Mmm, the grill seems kind of Random, I'm thinking they have overstock :P The Shrek and Nickelodeon bundles have 6 DVDs! Now, being a literal yet off the path kind of thinker, when the blog said you can "pick a friend to get the second set", my first thought was "do they mean you pick another swaggernaut to win the prize also?" That would be kind of cool, but so would just getting both yourself and either gifting others or selling the second set on eBay or Amazon. I'm probably overthinking the statement though. *chuckle* I do that sometimes.

Tomorrow I'm going to take Thanksgiving off and focus on my family. I'll post some highlights for the new swaggernauts to chew on, & come back Friday with a spotlight on the new SBTV features. By then the kinks should be pretty well worked out :-p


If anyone reading this is not yet a member of Swagbucks, but wants to get on the swagtrain and start earning the free loot, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget , up top on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and click the Beginner Tips tab at the top of the blog. That should give you some quick pointers on how to get started!

 I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll see you back here Friday! Until then..


HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!