26 November 2010

Black Friday Sale & BAD OFFER ALERT!

Good Afternoon Swaggernauts!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope it was at the least Peaceful for you! Any funny family stories? Comment, Please! I'd love to hear them.

I cooked my first Real Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. It went Very Well! Since it was my first, and supplies were low, I didn't try to tackle anything like sweet potato casserole. I stuck with the basics; Turkey, Stuffed & Golden Brown,  Homemade Turkey Gravy,  Garlic Mashed Potatoes, White & Yellow Corn, Asparagus Tips, Sweet Mexican Style Corn Bread, (had to do a nod to my hood you know,) and Pumkpin Pie! It was a Glorious Feast that overran the meager size of our table. The garlic potatoes and homemade gravy were the highlight for me. I mean aside from the turkey skin- Perfect! Today- Turkey Sandwiches for lunch and a Turkey Stuffing Casserole for dinner! That should polish it off- my husband ate two heaping ridiculously full plates yesterday- a big compliment to the chef! So there's a lot less left than I thought there would be.

I know you are all wanting to hear about Black Friday! But first let me share a Special Offer Alert.


There is an offer on TapJoy for 29 swagbucks, "Download the Yahoo Toolbar and get 29 Swag Bucks!". This offer is a perfect example of why you MUST always read the fine print, if they bother providing any. Check it out ...


The requirements state that if you already have the Yahoo Toolbar installed, you will be offered the Simppull Toolbar to download instead, in order to be able to complete the offer. Hmm nice to be offered an alternative, right? Well I dunno.. Let's do a swag search on the Simppull Toolbar first, Just In Case!


Woah there Nelly! I see a lot of results inferring that the Simppull Toolbar is Malware. FORGET THAT! Nope, Nuh Uh, No Way. (Sorry had a Huckleberry Pie / Strawberry Shortcake flashback for a second there.)

VERDICT :   Don't Do It!


Always, Always pay attention to the offer requirements, and Always research downloads you aren't familiar with. Ok, Really, if you want to be safe, just avoid downloads all together!! If you are just too tempted though, always do your research, and always have good virus software running first. 

 Ok On to happier topics- Swag bucks Black Friday Sale


Several gift cards went on sale today. None of the Amazon cards, sadly, and the blog doesn't mention the sale extending beyond Today. I was hoping it would be like last years sale, with different cards discounted every day, but the blog really didn't sound like that was the case. 


 As you can see here, the PayPal and Starbucks cards are two of the sale items. 


Even though this will eat into my swagtotal for the five $5 Amazon cards next month, I think I will order this $10 Starbucks card, because my husband was Stoked when he found out I could get him one through swagbucks. (Hey, whatever it takes to get him off my case about swagsurfing! LOL)  It's a 101 swagbuck savings. Not tremendous, but any savings is great! However, I can't get this today because you can only snag two prizes a day, and I got two of the $5 PayPal deposits that were on sale!


I bought two of these first thing this morning, as soon as I found out the sale was on and Amazon was excluded. Darn I was really hoping to buy a $25 AGC on sale but I will get over it :-p  Each PayPal deposit is on sale for 550, a savings of 150 swagbucks each. That's better savings than the Starbucks card!

The only other card on Black Friday Sale is the iTunes $15 card, normally 1850 swagbucks, today it is selling for 1650, a 200 sb savings.

There are two other gift cards on sale, but they have been on sale for a little while.

Phone Halo - Normally 135, Now 105
Gourmet Gift Baskets.com - Normally 249, Now 179

Another Swag Bucks Black Friday feature is Shop & Earn bonus payouts. For each $1 you spend today, you will get 2 swagbucks.

Well, it's some small savings and bonuses, I'm happy the PayPal card went on sale! I'm slightly let down that they only featured three cards, and it sounds like that's going to be it. However, I will check in tomorrow and hope they came to their senses and put Amazon cards on sale for all of us Swagnuts who have been hording swagbucks all month "Just In Case".

Last thing I wanna show you today are some new SBTV features. Earlier in the week The Swag Guy announced that Swagbucks TV now has a Search feature.



This should Really Help us with the SBTV Swag Code Hunts. Now instead of watching tons of irrelevant videos, we can do a keyword search and seriously cut down our time and frustration levels. 




Also, the look of the Swag Bucks TV home page has changed. Now instead of seeing the Daily Top 10 videos in list form, we have a rotating slideshow.


I would like this feature if the videos would stop getting hung. That may not even be related to this new look but it started happening the same day it was rolled out. At least it Looks nice!

Ok, that's it my friends! Time to make some turkey sammiches for lunch, the dinosaur *cough* er boy is up! See you back here tomorrow! Until Then...

HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!!

If anyone reading this is not yet a member of Swagbucks, but wants to get on the swagtrain and start earning the free loot, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget , up top on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and click the Beginner Tips tab at the top of the blog. That should give you some quick pointers on how to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!