24 October 2010

Swago, Swagstakes, and Partner Codes!

Good Sunday Morning to ya, Swaggernauts!

Todays post is going to cover three topics. Swago, (Swagbucks Bingo), Sweepstakes, and Partner codes. As it's Sunday and as I'm feeling like the horse that got run over by the cart, I'm gonna "cheat" just a little bit. But first, gotta do my pitch, because if you aren't Swagsurfin yet, you are missing out! (Just ask my mailman who has seen the number of packages to my house go from zero to at least one a week!)

To sign up with Swag Bucks go to the top of the blog page, and check out the black & white box on the right sidebar. That's the Swidget! Click the bottom right Sign Up button. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get a quick 30 swagbucks to get ya rollin!)


To explain Swago, (here comes the mini-cheat!) I'm going to give you a link here to the swagbucks blog from February 26, 2010. It explains Swago in very easy terms, and though I don't mean to be lazy, will help me finish the rest of the post quicker so I can get to church on time! :D

So here ya go, check out Swago here!

Swagstakes are a fun game of chance, for some really great prizes. They range anywhere from 25, 50, 100, 250, 500 swagbucks giveaways  to things like iPods and iPads and WII systems. Here is a link to the Swagstakes page, so you can see the kinds of prizes, and entry costs, I'm talking about. 

There are two different types of entries. Limited entries, with only a certain number of entries before they give away the prize. Timed entries, where you have a certain amount of time to snag your entries. The limited entries are a set price per entry, but with the timed swagstakes, the more swagbucks you spend, the better deal on entries you get. For instance, the 50 swagbucks giveaway starts at 2 swagbucks for a single entry. But when you spend 5 you get 3 entries. 8 gets you 5, 10 gets you 8, etc etc. The more valuable the item, the higher the starting entry cost. Just like any contest, the chances of winning depend on the number of people that enter, but people DO win! I see them post their winnings on the Swagbucks Facebook page :) If you look at my picture 2 blog posts back, you will see that as of that day I have had something like 77 sweepstakes entries. Mostly I just try now and then for the swagbucks :P  but the majority of those entries come from Partner Sites, bought with partner swagbucks earned by, you guessed it, partner codes!

Swagbucks has Oodles and Oodles of partners that have swagbucks powered search engines and toolbars of their own. Anything from NFL teams to rock bands. My favorite is Roddenberry Search, cause let's face it, I'm a major Trek fan (I don't know, am I a Trekkie, or a Trekker? If you know the difference then you as big a fan as me, maybe more!)

These partner sites each have their own webpage, and their own toolbar. Most swaggernauts have 2 or 3 different browsers, and install tons of partner toolbars on whichever  browser they don't use. Fan favorites seems to be to load up your Internet Explorer with the toolbars, and using Firefox, Chrome , or Sarafi for your main web activity.

These partner sites regularly have codes of their own, and you can find them by keeping an eye on the partner toolbars. They work like regular swagbucks with one MAJOR difference. You can only spend partner bucks AT THAT PARTNERS SITE. This may seem like having to do double work, it is kind of a bummer they don't count towards your "real" swagtotal, but here's my personal trick for making the most out of them.

Whenever I get a partner code, I go straight into that partners site and look at All Prizes. I quickly dump any partner bucks into their sweepstakes. Hence my high total of sweepstakes entries!

There's another downside to these partner bucks. Even though they can't be spent in the swagstore, they show up in your main swag total. It can get confusing. (Another reason I dump my partner bucks into sweepstakes as soon as I can, so I don't get an inflated idea of how many swagbucks I actually have.)

To determine how many REAL swagbucks you have, versus Partner bucks, just view your account summary. This can be found either from the home page, by clicking the words View Account above the right hand box with all of your swag brag information (Swagtotal, Referrals, Prizes redeemed, Sweepstakes entries.) Or anywhere on the swagbucks site, you can click the drop down menu next to your swagtotals (top, right side of the bar) and choose My Swagbucks. Either of these will open a page with 2 tabs- Summary, and Ledger. In the summary page you will see a list of every partner site you have or have ever had swagbucks with, as well as a REAL swagtotal. You can click on the name of any of the partner sites to go there and dump and straggler swagbucks you have into sweepstakes.

While I'm mentioning the Summary and Ledger pages, let me tell you, the Ledger is your friend! It shows every swagbuck you earn and where it came from, be it the daily four, or searches, codes (and what the code was), or from special offers, (and which offer company.) You will need to check this a lot if you do special offers, to verify when you have been credited if you aren't sure, or if an inquiry gets a response like "We credited your account x amount" and you want to verify they did.

Ok, I really have to run, time to hop in the shower! I hope today's blog gave you some more ideas on what to do with your swagbucks! I may post again later in the day but for now, expect the normal format, 1 a day *chuckle*.

Much love to you, my swagfriends! I hope you have a peaceful rest of the weekend, and tomorrow morning finds you bright eyed, and bushy tailed, ready to take on the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!