29 October 2010

MSBD, Giant Cookies, & a Swag Warning!

GOOD MEGA SWAGBUCKS DAY SWAGFRIENDS!

I'm excited today! It's Friday, so I will have all my kids here tonight YAY! YAYAY! It's Friday, so yits Mega Swagbucks Day, Right On! And today I am just gonna chat with you *chuckle*. I wasn't able to be on the Swagbucks Facebook page much yesterday but I checked in and checked the General Info for Newbies thread several times. I didn't see any new questions really! That's ok, I got something I wanna show ya anyway :)

First things First! If you haven't already signed up for a Swag Bucks account, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and start with my second blog post, "Beginner Tips for Swagsurfing!", for tips on how to get started!

Ok, now that the business part of the deal is posted, let's move on to the fun :P (Did someone slip some cheese into my cheerioes this morning? hehe)

I know I already talked about the Amazon.com $100,000 Universal Wishlist Giveaway. But last night I found something I wanna show ya, to illustrate just how easy it is, and to explain why I personally LOVE their wishlist toolbar. (And no, I don't get Squat from Amazon for posting this, I just believe very much in the old school concept of Word of Mouth. When I like something, everyone knows it!)

Last night I was browsing the Swaggers Who Love Freebies group on facebook. There was a post there by Carol Santora about Fancy Fortune Cookies giving away free gourmet cookie samples. Their facebook page needed to hit 10,000 fans by anytime today. (They made it! With room to spare!) Well I was like, OH MY GOSH a giant chocolate covered fortune cookie sounds SO DANG GOOD! So I went browsing their stock, found one I liked, (Pumpkin Pie flavored cookie dipped in chocolate SCRUMPTIOUS!) and sat there drooling at it. Then I remembered my Universal Wishlist button on the toolbar! I decided to test it out on a site I Knew wasn't associated with Amazon in any way. Plus, I really want this dang cookie .*tummy grumbles in agreement* And What Do You Know?




So Easy! I'm already entered for this week but now I have that mammoth cookie there to torture me any time I look at my Wishlist! LOL :D

Remember to put something on your Wishlist from any site outside of Amazon.com once a week from now until December 19th!

I also wanted to talk about the new "Bonus Opportunities" attached to the swagsearch. My last three searches have produced something that looks like This -

(NOTE: also see what I searched? Yesterday I won an 11, 7, and an 11 searching for things I need to do. I'm tellin you, it's the way to go. So much less stressful and I *always* win 3 times a day that way!)


Ok, so what is this? Is it really a bonus?  Well, Kind of! It's a special offer. You click it, and it redirects the page to one of several special offers. This one was for the Drivers Seat game.



Unfortunately I had already completed this one (Almost made it until I had to back up to correct, and ran over a pedestrian, OH NO!) so this was the screen I got.



AH well! Too bad! However I got another one this morning for 6 that involved visiting the Windows 7 facebook page and liking it for 6. Sold myself down the river for 6 swagbucks LOL. (Windows is Not my favorite OS, I am stuck with it because I have kids too young to get Linux!)

I think this is a pretty neat feature! However I wish it opened in another tab or window, instead of redirecting your search page. With Swagbucks touchy search rules, I hate having to go back to the search, I don't want to get penalized or anything. However I don't think that's a problem, I may just be paranoid :P

Speaking of the back button and opening new pages (loosely anyway) - I just wanna put a word of warning out there to you Swaggernauts. The 27 swagbucks offer from Geneio is very tempting- I swagsearched to find out what the heck it was, and it sounded really cool!  However- DON'T DO IT! 

It did something FUNKY with my browser, and whenever I would close out a pop-up or new window that had opened from another tab/window (ie clicking a link), it would not only close out the pop up, but would attempt to close my entire browser. If I hit cancel, whatever tab was the originating point would switch to a "New Tab", then try to load the Geneio page, fail at that, and open.. get this.. a zoombucks search results page???!!!!???

I do NOT like this mess. Ok, uninstall it right? Did that.. still having this issue. Every time I load my browser it tries to go to the Geneio home page, then hits a ZB results page. So I changed my default homepage back to Swagbucks. Took care of the load up problem, but I am *STILL* having issues with pop ups / new windows trying to close the entire browser, and being redirected to the dang ZB search page in the long run.

I can't figure out how to fix this short of a system restore. The only reason I haven't done that yet is because I went through a solid hour of computer maintenance after I'd installed Geneio but before I noticed it had a problem. And my lazy butt doesn't want to have to do all that maintenance again *laugh* but it looks like that's gonna be my only option.

UPDATE!

I took my own advice, and reported this offer to the Contact us link on their homepage. Here is the reply- proof that the Swagbucks team does want to keep the offer walls safe. We just have to give them the data to investigate with :)
Thanks for letting us know about this offer. I have passed this along to our Special Offer team for review. If you have any further questions, let me know. Have a great day!

NOW! For the Question Of The Day!

Two days ago I broke down how many swagbucks you can possibly make doing the bare minimum of searching and SBTV.  I'm curious what kind of daily average you guys get with your swagbucks. Mine actually varies anywhere from 60 - 200 a day, depending on the kinds of offers I bother with. How about you? Please, post in the comments section and let me know! And answer yesterdays question too!


Enter The Swagbooth!

Surf over to SwagMelt's new blog addition, The SwagBooth! If you have a picture or project in a competition and need votes, PM me on facebook or write to JennySweets on Swagbucks with the link, when it ends, and the giveaway details if you are having one. I hope to make it much easier for everyone to vote, and comment, which I *think* will encourage more voting!

That's all folks!

Much Love to you Swagfriends! I hope you have a Super Mega Swagbucks day! I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend! I'll see you back here tomorrow, same Swag Time, same Swag Channel!


HAPPY SWAGSURFING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!