28 October 2010

Refunds, Referrals, & Offer Issues. Your Questions Answered!

Good Morning Swaggernauts!!!

It's Thursday! That means the weekend is almost here- and that's when I get Really busy! *chuckle* I do miss the days when I worked a Monday - Friday job. Or even when I worked Friday through Tuesday- at least I had two set days off a week!

Parents never get a day off, especially if one is staying at home to care for the kids. Weekends may be relaxing for some families, but around here it's 10 times as active, noisy, chaotic, and exhausting. Yet I still look forward to Fridays. My stepkids come over for the weekend and things don't settle down again until bedtime Sunday night!

It's hard for me to swagsurf on the weekends, hard to post a blog that makes any sense *wink*, and Forget me sitting down to a nice episode of Heroes! And Yet! I Love the weekends!

So in that spirit I say, Come On Friday! For those of you working the 40 hr + work weeks, or in school, keep your eyes on the prize! It's almost here!

I feel a change coming in the blog. I can't run forever on pure tips. It's time I started sharing myself with you too. At least, myself as it pertains to how I, as a stay at home mom with no income, "work the system". I think it's time to make it a bit more personal. I hope when I go that route, you will stay with me. Join me! Let's make it a conversation, not a monologue!  

For example: Right now my 22 month old son is in his room watching a Sesame Street dvd I bought with Swagbucks funded Amazon.com gift cards. Sesame Street: 25th Birthday - A Musical Celebration!  It's his first time seeing it, so it's Really got his attention! (and now mommy can blog! lol!) I am just full to the top with joy right now, because he's in there singing along with the songs, dancing his funky white-boy baby dance, happy as a lark! Every time I put in a new dvd I bought via swagbucks and he starts shakin his money maker, I am even More motivated to earn the swag! 

What kind of things do you buy with your swagbucks? What kind of swag gives you those "Life is Good" moments? Comment on my blog and let's start that dialogue!

Today's tips post is another mishmash of questions I've been seeing on the Swagbucks Facebook page. I need you guys to feed me your questions! I've posted a lot of tips, but sometimes folks don't want to have to go back and dig through- and I admit, my blogs are surprisingly long! So keep asking, here, on the facebook page, in the General Info for Newbies thread. I will keep answering!


First things First! If you haven't already signed up for a Swag Bucks account, there's no time like the present! Just go to the swidget on the right there, press the Sign Up button on the bottom right. Fill out a short form, confirm your email, and get 30 swagbucks to get you rolling! Then come back here and start with my second blog post, "Beginner Tips for Swagsurfing!", for tips on how to get started!

Now, on to the "useful" part *wink*

1: Swagbucks refunded a card I ordered. I got the email, the item is on the Refunded tab of my "Order Status" page, but I don't see the swagbucks in my account. HELP!  Don't fret! While refunds Usually show up right away, they can sometimes take up to 24 hours to post into your ledger. I would wait at least that long, and if the swagbucks don't show up after 30 hours or so, go to the Contact Us link on the homepage. Choose "Prize Information" from the drop down list and fill out the extra boxes that pop up. Explain that the order was refunded but you haven't gotten your swagbucks yet. Then, sorry I know this is an annoying word but, Wait patiently for word back from them. They are usually pretty quick but over the weekends it can take longer. They usually get back to you within 24 hours but give it a couple of days if not. They WILL fix it! They have Never let me down with prize problems.

2: I have a referral who won 20 swagbucks yesterday, but I didn't get them. What's up with that? This can have many answers, so I will cover all the possibilities. First I would ask you, are you sure they successfully signed up as your referral? How did you find out they won? Did you see their swagtotal in your referral list? Or did you see their swagtotal in your friends list on swagbucks? If it is a friend or family member, and they told you they won from searching, check and make sure they are in your referral list. (If something went south and it did not register them under you, I am so sorry to say there is nothing that can be done about it. Swagbucks won't retroactively make someone your referral due to problems with scam artists in the past.) If you are sure they are listed under you as a referral, and you saw their swagtotal in your referral list, then just be patient. Sometimes it can take as much as 48 hours for their wins to post to your ledger. Usually it's right away but there are "hiccups" now and then. If you saw their swagtotal in your swagbucks friends list, they may not have gotten those swagbucks from searching. It may have been the daily four, or special offers, surveys, etc. If they are definately your referral, and it was definately from searching, and it's been several days, write to swagbucks at the Contact Us link on the home page. Select General, and ask them to investigate why you are not getting your referral bucks.

3: I did a special offer that didn't credit. I did an inquiry with the offer company but they denied my swagbucks even though I did everything right and submitted all the proof they asked for. What the heck? I'm so mad! What do I do about it? Go to the Contact Us us link on the homepage, and choose Special Offers from the dropdown menu. Give them all the information such as which offer company it is, the offer name, and in the body of the message explain the situation. Tell them what steps you have taken, how long it took the company to reply, what proof they asked for and what you submitted. Then give them time to investigate. Right now there are a lot of swaggernauts frustrated by the offer companies. The Swag Guy hears us! (He'd have to be Blind not to see all the talk about it on the Swagbucks Facebook page LOL.) They need us to contact them with very specific details so they can A: Help you get your swagbucks and B: track whatever the heck is wrong with these companies and try to communicate with them to correct it. Swagbucks won't work if people leave because the special offers don't credit properly and people feel cheated. They know this, and are working to resolve it. Besides, The Swag Guy and Gal love us! Believe it!

4: Why is my swagtotal flashing red? That means you just won swagbucks! You may not have gotten a pop up for whatever reason. This happens from search wins, SBTV wins, and the daily four. Its red, but it's a good kinda red!

5: I got a pop up saying I won, but my swag total didn't change. Did I lose my points? For some reason this has been happening a lot lately. Don't worry! Just refresh the swagtotal. If that doesn't work, go to View Account from the homepage (or My Swagbucks from the swagtotal dropdown menu) and look at your ledger. If it still hasn't shown up, try logging out and back into Swagbucks. If all else fails, and after a period of time the win still doesn't show up in your ledger, write them at the Contact Us link.

OK! That's it for today! Boy this was a hard one to post, because I am rather off the charts A.D.D. and my brain started cracking last night *chuckle*. I hope it came out ok! Hope it's still useful! Hope to see you back here for more tomorrow! :D

As Always, HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!