05 December 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different!

Good Afternoon Swaggernauts!

I'm excited today! I have something really interesting to share with you. It is something outside of Swag Bucks, but wait & see how Swag Bucks can be used with it!

Last night swaggernaut Swaggin Brandon sent me an invite to a neat Facebook application, Embee Mobile.This app is an offer and survey site, somewhat like Swag Bucks, but with a very specific purpose. The points that you earn can be redeemed for "top ups" or balance reloads on your prepaid cellular phone. They cover 80 different carriers in 23 countries, including Cricket, Metro PCS, Tracfone, Boost, and Virgin Mobile.


The Embee points you earn are redeemed for air time minutes. My carrier is Virgin Mobile. This is what the conversion rates look like for me, but each company has it's own rates.




For Virgin Mobile, 100 Embee points = $10.00 Top Up money. To pay for a monthly plan on my carrier, I would need to earn 300 Embee points a month.

There are three ways to earn Embee points. The earn tab has all three options; purchase, offer companies, and surveys.


First let's look at the methods of purchasing Embee points. This is where Swag Bucks comes in!




Options for payment are rixty coins, which are a virtual currency you can choose as payment options from Coinstar machines. (Kinda neat!) There's also credit card, Google checkout, pay with Mobile (um.. why would I buy mobile points from a mobile - wouldn't I just do it directly? Oh - maybe to buy top up money for someone elses phone.. yah!) and last but not least, PayPal!


The cost of Embee points through PayPal is $10.00 for every 100 points. That would be 1400 Swag Bucks for $10 in  PayPal deposits. Since Virgin Mobile redemption is 100 Embee points for every $10.00 Top Up, that's a straight conversion of 1400 Swag Bucks for every $10 on my phone. That would be 4200 swagbucks a month if I wanted to pay my phone bill that way. (I NEED MORE REFERRALS!!! rolfmao)

1400 SB = $10 PayPal   
          $10.00 PayPal = 100 Embee Points    
                    100 Embee Points = $10.00 Top Up

There's one small snag with that plan. You can only redeem 5 PayPal deposits a month, and there is only the $5 deposit option. Team Swag Bucks, if any of you are reading this, (wishful thinking? lol) please consider adding at least a $10 PayPal deposit option. That would be AWESOME and could help some of us pay our bills better...  We know you love us and want us to thrive! :-D

There are also special offers to do for Embee points. This works pretty much exactly the same as it does on Swag Bucks.


SuperRewards, gWallet, TapJoy, and Crowd Flower are already familiar to us. Peanut Labs and SponsorPay are new to me, but seem to work exactly like the other offer companies. The payouts tend to be far lower than swag bucks payouts, but the conversion rate of points to dollars is higher.


Under the Peanut Labs tab is a bar for earning Embee points through surveys. If you click Enable More Surveys, a pop up appears that takes you through 12 questions that supposedly refine the surveys you are offered.


Also under Peanut Labs is the EmbeePay Bonus bar. If you complete 5 surveys or offers on the Peanut Labs tab within 24 hours, you get a 12 Embee point bonus.

I went ahead and did one special offer on Embee for you this morning.


gWallet Bing Compare, Share, Decide for 3 Embee Points
This offer is for Bing, it's on the gWallet tab. It's not on gWallet on Swag Bucks yet, but it might show up soon.

 

Unlike other Bing offers I've seen, instead of changing your homepage or installing the toolbar, all you have to do is enter two search terms then press "Bing & Decide" to earn 3 Embee points.

I was drawing a blank so I entered Apple Macbook and Toshiba laptop.


The top of the results page wants you to invite friends. I didn't explore why, or go any further on the site. I thought it was funny that I got "Sorry, no products were returned." Maybe I was too specific? *chuckle*

Anyhoo, I left this page open and checked my balance. Here's what the account screen looked like before the offer.


I had 28 Embee points. 10 of those were for signing up.


Within 3 minutes of entering my search terms in the Bing offer, I received my 3 Embee points. If you subtract the 10 points I got for signing up, I've earned 21 Embee points in the last 12 hours between 5 total offers (though only one of those offers counts towards the Embee bonus). I should be able to hit 100 pretty soon, if I spend any time on it!

The only thing is I have seen and done a Lot of these offers before. The payouts SEEM lower which seems frustrating, but when looked at in the right light - 1 Embee point = $0.10 - it makes much more sense.

I definitely think I will be using this application! I always need money to top up my phone. I will primarily be doing offers, but it's good to know what whatever shortfall I have between the points I earn and my monthly phone bill can be made up with PayPal earned through Swag Bucks!

If this interests you, go ahead and PM Swaggin Brandon for a referral link. (That's another way to earn- for every 5 friends you invite that join, you get 10 Embee points, that's $1.00!) It's only fair you ask him; if he hadn't been kind enough to invite me, I never would have known about this to share with you!


That's it for today folks! I know it's not directly about Swag Bucks and special offers but this was too good not to share. I'll see you back here tomorrow with another detailed, Swagcentered post! Until then...

Happy Swagsurfing!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is Eric from Embee Mobile. We actually support over 80 mobile operators and 23 different countries.

    Also, you mentioned Track Phone; it's actually spelled: Tracfone.

    Thanks very much for the review and positive comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eric, I will fix that! I got the number 40 from the drop down list when using the "add phone number" feature, however that is probably location (country?) specific to the user I guess? 80 is way more impressive! Thanks for the typo fix, I didn't catch that! Have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!