07 December 2010

Code breakdown + 2 Bad & 3 Good Offers

Good Morning Swag Friends!

I'm back! Things at the house have settled down some, and I've got an offer loaded SwagMelt for you today. Some good, Some bad, as usual!

First I wanna show you a couple of codes from Sunday and Monday.

Sunday I went to the Swagbucks Facebook wall as I do a hundred times a day, and I saw "Thanks, TSG!" all the way down. If you are a newer swaggernaut, when you see that, it means there is a code somewhere. The first thing I do when I see that is look up at the status message on the wall. It wasn't there! Checked the toolbar (and if you don't see a new message in there, click the blue word MESSAGES and it will take you to the latest post, just to be sure.) and the blog. Nope, and Nope! So I came here to SwagMelt and checked my swidget.


There's the code! Just click, hold the mouse button down and drag it over the code. Release, right click, choose Copy (or keyboard shortcut ctrl & C). Then go to the Swag Bucks home page, click the code box, right click and choose Paste! (or keyboard shortcut ctrl & V)  Quick 7 swagbucks, YAY!

I got lucky! The code was just about expired, I wandered onto the Swagbucks Facebook wall just in time! Yet another reason to check back in there during the course of a day, whether you post or not.

Tonight, same scenario happened. I had been offline most of the day, dealing with my family stuff, and I just happened to mosey on into the Swagbucks Facebook wall at the right time. Thanks, TSG! as far as the eye could see! Same method.. Status? no. Toolbar? no. Blog? YES! Ooh and a fun code too!


Neato! We got to pick a code to "cast a vote" for who we thought would win last nights Pats / Jets game. (I voted Patriots! I was thinking, they were at home, 5-0 on their turf, and had revenge to seek for week two's loss!) If the majority of swaggernauts pick the winning team, we get a code for 14 on Friday!!

Now, we know the Patriots won! What we DON'T know is which code got the most votes. We probably won't know until Friday, when TSG pops up and surprises us with the code. *sings* Anticipation!

Speaking of anticipation! And indecision....  *chuckle* Check this out.


I should NOT be posting this. Because I WANT IT! But I'm having a crisis of decision.. Do I enter my usual 1 time? Or do I go all out and buy 250 entries? This is a very nice Worthington series acoustic electric guitar from Samick, designed by Greg Bennett. It sells for around $350!
 
I want this so bad my heart hurts! I haven't had a guitar since my sweet George (that's what I called him.. er.. it)  met a tragic end, and I had to leave behind my electric when I came here to take care of my mom as she passed. My fingers ache to pluck strings, and I want to put the songs I've made up for my son to music!

SO DON'T YOU ENTER! !   (hahahah Just Kidding! I wouldn't post it if I didn't want you to know about it too! I mean, Wow, What a value!)

What do you think I should do? I'm kind of waiting to see if a 1000 swagbuck offer credits in inquiry without a huge fight. If it does, I think I will dump it straight into the swagstakes. I didn't think it would credit because I didn't get a confirmation email for 30 hours, (and had some strange message about needing to call to fix some unknown error) but now that it's there, I've submitted an inquiry. It feels kind of like a bonus, if it does credit.

Swag Bucks gave away one of these in February. It was won by Kyle J. of Milwaukee, WI. I wonder how many entries he put in??

Anyway, enough dreaming! I did a run of special offers last night. Usually, after I order all of my five $5 Amazon cards, I take 1 - 2 weeks off from offers, aside from videos. I'm running out of high paying free offers though, so I have to do more hunting for smaller ones.

The results were mixed as usual. 2 good offers, 2 fails, and one offer I saw posted again that I did a few months ago.

That offer is for the game Fiesta, by Outspark, found on the Gambit wall. It is a download, but if you like games, Everquest type magic and fighting games, it's worth it, because it's free to play. The download takes forever, but the graphics are very nice, gameplay is easy to learn, and though there is extra premium content, you can get by in the game without it. Plus, it's worth 84 swagbucks! I still have it installed, and play it once in a while when I have time- though for a while there I was staying up half of the night to play. Had to stop doing that.. old habits creep back in so quickly! Also, if you do play it, love it like I did, and want that premium content, you can pay for it with Ultimate Game Cards which you can order from the Swag Store.

Though right about now, I wish I could still do the offer :P I'm happy I did it in the first place, even happier that it credited for me with no hassle. You have to download, install it, create a character, and play the character to get your swagbucks.

The first offer I actually tried last night did not pan out for me, and I know why! It's another one of those where the requirements say one thing, but the advertiser actually expects another, so they never tell the offer company you completed it. It's a different version of the same type I have posted about several times.


This is on SuperRewards, "Get in the game with Sweet Daily Deals!" for 9 swagbucks. Usually these trick offers are for much more, so I was surprised when this one went down the same old path.

All you are supposed to have to do is fill out the first page with valid information, signing up for the Sweet Daily Deals site / newsletter.


Seems easy enough! Fill out that page, press continue, and TECHNICALLY that should be all you need.



The first warning sign was when no confirmation email showed up. I'd stayed on this page for a bit, but I figured I must have to get to the "end of the offer path" before they would send that email. So I went ahead and started in on the radial buttons!

Here's a tip for getting through those annoying buttons. Click NO on the first one, then press ALT & Down Arrow over and over and over until it's selected NO all the way down the page. Saves SO much time!

After 6 pages of buttons, 10 pages of "complete the survey below" pages (which you press SKIP to get through), I hit the dead end (and I didn't see it coming this time!)


SCREEEEEEECH!  Halt! What? Complete silver, gold, and platinum offers? I'm confused!?! I thought this was for a website or a newsletter, not an offer to get a "free iPad" or Macbook or whatever!

Needless to say I stopped right there and checked my email. No confirmation, and no swagbucks. Time to write an inquiry! Ugh! I have to write them to tell them exactly what the offer requirements are, note that there is nothing which says a confirmation email is actually needed, and they need to get in touch with the advertiser about the actual payout terms for the offer.

The last part won't get anywhere, I'm sure. Hopefully, there's a 50 / 50 chance they will credit me. I'm not even sure I want to bother, for 9, but it's my duty (or so I seem to feel) to report these bad requirement offers, as well as any viruses or malware / adware I encounter.

Next is an offer that credits from the TapJoy wall. Well, ok given it is TapJoy, it Might credit- good chance of it but if it doesn't, all you can do is blame TapJoy for being unpredictable, and do an inquiry. However I had no problems with this one.


Enter to Win Free Prizes & More from Despicable Me! for 51 swagbucks. The requirements say you have to sign up for minionmadness.com with a valid email.



When you click Register, a new tab opens with your typical sign up information. Name, user name, password, email. When you submit it, you can log right in, then click Enter The Site. That's it! No confirmation email needed. I did this, looked around the site for about 5 minutes, which is how long it took for my credit to arrive.

On to the last bad offer of today's post. This one isn't necessarily bad. I'd say theres a 50 / 50 chance of it working without having to open an inquiry. Some people have done this offer on every wall and gotten credit every time. Some never get credit the first time. I went ahead and gave it a try...


This offer is for Dailies contact lenses, for 53. You sign up and fill out your address etc, then print out a coupon for a free trial box of Dailies contact lenses. I did all of this, got to the coupon print screen, pressed Print, but never actually sent it to the printer. Left it open about 30 minutes. No credit. As of this morning, Still no credit. *sigh*  Wasn't my day to roll the dice with this offer I guess! No confirmation email, and I forgot to take screenshots. DOH! I won't get credit for it without proof, so I am just gonna.. let it slide. Try again later.

I want to end the blog today on a good note. So let's look at an offer for 150 that credited! I really hope this offer is still on the wall for you to try. Last night there were reports that the offer had gone missing, but I found it with no problem. Sometimes an offer is not on the wall for everyone at the same time. I'm not sure if this is on the wall for our Canadian swaggernauts at all :( I wish there was more stuff we could ALL do!


Join MarsterCard Mareketplace for Free! for 150 swagbucks. This is on the SuperRewards wall, Free tab. The requirements say simply to register, and agree to the terms & conditions.


When you first land on the page, a pop up window opens- Ignore it, close it out. Then choose "No, I'm new to MasterCard Marketplace" and enter your sign up information.


Check both boxes and click Continue. Technically, after this point, that's all you have to do to get your credit. I asked on the Swagbucks Facebook wall what others had done- did they stop here? Did they move through to the main site, like I did? I got a variety of answers, but it seems the majority did what I did, skipped the first step .....


and did the second step (shown below) then let the page sit open on the main site until it credited.

Drag & Drop at least 3 merchants into Like and Don't Like

 However, a few just stopped after agreeing to the terms, and for the most part, we all got credit without having to start an inquiry. My swagbucks came in after about 30 minutes. This gave me time to look around the site a bit- it's actually an interesting shopping site, with "Overwhelming Offers" - every 24 hours, at 1pm Eastern time, they list a new offer. You have to click "Reserve" and enter a captcha. These offers can be pretty deep discounts and they can go in seconds depending on how good the deal is. Once you've reserved your deal, you go to the merchant site and pay full price. The difference is applied to your MasterCard statement as a credit within 1 to 2 billing cycles. Kinda neat if you have disposable income and a MasterCard, neither of which I have *laugh!*

Again, I hope the offer is still up today. So many of us jumped on it last night, they might pull it for a little bit. But like I said, everyone was panicking that the offer was gone last night, but I still found it.

(Of course its Far easier for me to find an offer on the free tab, since I've done so many offers I have only 1 page to look through! Dig Deep!)

That's it for today folks! I hope the offers I mentioned work out for you! Thank you for sticking with me yesterday when I was unable to post. I looked at my traffic stats and saw that many of you were still visiting and having a look around- Awesome! I know some day most of you won't need this blog anymore *sniffle* and that's Good. That means you know all I can help you with, and are getting to the point where you can teach me a thing or two! (Yes, I'm still learning every day!)  I suppose the great news for me is that there are always new swaggernauts to help! (Go get some referalls! LOL)

Until tomorrow Swag Friends, have a great Tuesday, and..

HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!