15 November 2010

SwagMelt is On Air with Gambit part 2 and TapJoy

Hello there, Swagfriends! 

I'm sorry SwagMelt has been off the air for 4 days. I've been too sick to do much of anything but search until yesterday. I just haven't been up to typing. I've also been trying here and there to find something positive to screenshot and post about TapJoy, but I have to accept that it is what it is, and the post isn't gonna end with rainbow cookies leading to pots of swagbucks.

Before I start baggin' on Tapjoy, I gotta return to the Gambit post. Might as well get two negatives out of the way at once, right? *laugh*  It ended with a resolution similar in ways to my answers to most geometry questions back in high school, which got me a 50% average grade most of the time.  I would get the answer correct, in the end, but the way I got there was "wrong" and didn't ever address the "heart" of the geometry problem. My teacher would look at me mystified that I even got the right answer in the end, so "illogical" was my route.

That's how I feel about the process on this offer with Gambit. In the end, I got my 38 swagbucks. But the mountainous route they made me climb made no sense, because, in the end, they never addressed the heart of the problem. They had ample proof that they needed to either honor the requirements for all users - simply submitting your email -


Or they needed to correct the offer requirements and move the offer from the free wall. They said they would let the advertiser know, which I assume means that it's up to the advertisers discretion whether they list it as free or not. That didn't tell me if they would start paying for the offer. Most people who do this offer don't get paid for it - or any of the offers like it. A lucky few slip through, but their "method" doesn't work for everyone. *sigh*

After they told me they would contact the advertiser, they still didn't credit me right away. I mean, I'd already submitted proof that I'd completed the requirements- submitting my email. I'd explained the problem with the offer. Instead of crediting me, they asked me...


What have I done to complete this? I'd already submitted screenshots and an explanation *laugh*. That kinda got my goat so I sent them a longer message with a link to the Gambit blog . That didn't work however, they said the link would not open, it showed nothing. Which made me wonder what kind of firewalls their customer service reps are behind. So I sent them, link by link, almost all of the screenshots from the blog.

I explained that after the screenshots showing the offer requirements, the submit my email screen, and the screen immediately thereafter, I had proven enough, by the offer requirements, to get the 38 swagbucks they owe me.

Then I noted everything that followed was my attempt to complete the offer the way the advertiser stated it- FREE. It was proof that it was impossible to complete the offer for Free, if submitting ones email was not enough.



Well, they credited me, but it felt kinda like a door being slammed in my face. *laugh*

Anyway, that draws this episode of "Gambit Theatre" to a close. I'll leave you with one last thought to ponder.

From http://getgambit.com/faqp

I'm going to go ahead and publish but this is not the end of today's blog. I have to plug in the computer and get lunch for the boy, nurse my now sick-as-a-dog husband back to health. I just want to get something out there after being gone so long! Ugh! Felt like forever

I will be back with the rest of the Special Offers Breakdown, part 7 - TapJoy! This afternoon.

Until Then...


HAPPY SWAGSURFIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!