30 November 2010

The Day After! :D

Good Afternoon Swag Friends!

I'm sorry the blog is so late today- I had to take my son to the doctor! He's had 5 bloody noses since 10pm last night. Every time he starts to cry, it starts flowing! Ugh! He's ok, just very irritated sinuses. 

Did you all have a good Monday back at work? Did you hit any Cyber Monday sales? (other than Swag Bucks I mean!) I admit I couldn't keep money in my Amazon account long enough to wait for Cyber Monday.

I saw the perfect gift for my stepson a couple of weeks ago and there was only one left in stock. It's a racing game, with customizable cars, online play and rankings. It comes with a card swiper which plugs into the USB port, and 5 cards to get you started. These cards are upgrades to your vehicle, body, engine, tweaks, paint, etc.  I went ahead and bought it, along with 2 booster card packs from Amazon, 1 from ebay. Using Swagbucks funded PayPal deposits, of course! I figure this, for him, will be a good reward system. He gets the game and first set of cards, and gets to open another present with the 3 booster packs. Instead of opening the three booster packs, he'll get one upgrade on Fridays if he's had a good week. Two if he really accomplished something good, like a major homework assignment on time with legible handwriting and minimal complaining on his part. *laugh* Apparently that's a LOT to ask!

Then I had to buy some earplugs for myself. I can Not sleep without them and my last pair were pretty much done for. So my account was pretty much drained to about $5 for Cyber Monday *chuckle*.

Gotta love having fund to buy the things you need though, don't ya? I <3 Swag Bucks!

Even though Amazon Gift Cards never went on sale at Swag Bucks, It's ok that I didn't order my $25 AGC yet. Gave me time to look at a nice, fat swagtotal! I've decided to buy a $50 card today, so I can hopefully wrap up my Christmas shopping in time. I'll get the five $5s when December rolls over too.

I decided I could afford to do that when the Gamehouse FunPass offer on Gambit credited for 900 swagbucks. Once again the prepaid, reloadable Visa gift card comes in handy! I only have $5 on it, but that's enough to cover the $1 or $1.50 pending charge most of the companies use to check the card. Plus I get a week of free gaming! So far I've played Wheel of Fortune- not much time to game today *chuckle*

The Cyber Monday sales at Swag Bucks were, mm, they were OK. There was a laser pointer. *chuckle* All of the Holiday 2-for-1 Swagstakes went on double entry, That's pretty cool! The Holiday section of the swagstore, as well as the video games & sports trading cards all went on sale. Shop & Earn is at double payout- 2 swagbucks for every 1 dollar spent. I think it's cool they put the video games on sale, but I wonder how well they did with sports card sales. Collectible cards are not a giant market right now. I wish they had some wrapping paper in the Holiday section, but no.

As I mentioned before, Amazon cards did not go on sale. However, any cards ordered before Tuesday, the 23rd of November shipped out and arrived yesterday. Extra spending money for Cyber Monday! Now, that IS pretty cool!

There were a couple of mini contests, on the Swagbucks Facebook page and on Twitter, for 150 swagbucks each. 3 codes for 5, 9, and 5.

And... that's about it! It was a pretty fun day, chasing down the sales, codes, and contests.Not much else to say about Cyber Monday!

I just wanna share one thing with you before I go. Tomorrow we'll get back to more tips and such :)

Yep! That's me on TV again!
Google Translate is an excellent tool for swaggernauts who may not speak English as a first language. If you have questions to ask on the Swagbucks Facebook page but can't quite word it right in your head, you can go to Google Translate, type in your question in your own language. Google Translate detects your language. Choose English from the language drop down box, and your question will be translated as you type it.


Google Translate isn't just useful, it's fun as well! Sometimes some of us will have swag conversations on the Facbeook wall in and number of random languages.

That's about it for today. Tomorrow I will return to tips, offers, etc. I hope your week is going well. Don't worry, you'll get another holiday SOON!

Until Tomorrow Swag Nuts..

HAPPY SWAGSURFING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question for me? A comment? Leave it here and I'll get back to ya!